Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8

I chose this picture because of the little frog. I thought it made it seem whimsical. I wondered, where is he leading her to?

A sad day. Democrat AZ Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was shot while at an open forum in front of a Safeway grocery store. Our political climate in this country has become so full of hate speech and so much of it incites violence. I'm not saying this is why this kid did this, but, you never know what pushes someone over that line that makes them act this way. I've been told we all serve a purpose. Was the purpose of her being shot was to end the hatred and come together to work together for the common good? This is more reason for me to leave negativity behind and try to find common ground with persons who share a completely different political or religious view than myself. I have always believed we all share common ground.

The 2nd Mantra:

I will be one with all that is.


Why? Because I am, in spite of the fact that the ego in me wants to regard itself as separate or, more accurately, distinct and different. The way some spiritual teachers put it is, "I am that; you are that; all this is that; and, that's all there is." What is meant by this is, since we are all the same, it would be helpful to practice seeing yourself not as separate from everyone and everything else but as one and the same. It is amazing what this sort of mindset does to your relationship to yourself, to others and to the environment. You are much more awake, alert and attentive to all things, as well as people, plants and animals. I used to love to hunt but I could no more hunt today, even as a sport, if I wanted to. I'm not saying this is the way it must be for all. But, for me, everything, as well as everyone, is becoming more and more sacred to me. I cannot help but feel the practice of meditation is changing my view of all things.

Today I worked in the office most of the day. Filing paperwork, throwing away unused items and packing the things we actually use. Still have a day's or less work to go and then we can take these boxes to storage and the items we are donating to Value Village.

No comments: