Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 97


Step 5
See Yourself From Another Viewpoint
Another tactic that will lead to self improvement is bouncing things off someone who will listen to you and give you contructive criticism. Ask specific questions like "Do you think I am ill-mannered?", "Do I always sound so arguementative?", "Do I talk to loud?", "Does my breath smell?", "Do I ever bore you when were together?". Listen to their response, accept it as constructive input, do not give excuses why you are or act that way, and actually write it down. This is a great list of how you are now and gives you the opportunity to decide if that is okay or if you want to change. And in return, your friend may want to ask you some pointed questions about themselves. This may be a difficult process of self improvement but both you and your friend will come out respecting each other even more.
I really do not have a friend here that would be that honest, except Michael. But I can try. I know the things I want to work on to improve, but, I guess, I could be open to new ones also.

No comments: