Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 114

Happy Saturday. A little chilly and windy but its going to be a great day. I saw the interview of the Powerball winner and his girlfriend. They seem like very nice people. I was saddened to hear of Brett Michael's condition and am wishing him a speedy recovery. This guy has been through alot, but always seems to bounce back and land up on top.

Today I am going to start a Saturday series where I will feature my favorite places in Spokane.



Today I drove out to Log Cabin DryGoods. I learned about them at the Quilt Festival last fall. I finally decided to give them a look see. They are a little tricky to find. Just go east on Trent and turn left on Waterworks and then right on Union. They took over an old office building. The store is broken up in rooms and each room is filled with handmade goods and bolts of fabrics. I thought the quilted bags and purses were a little pricey, but, beautiful. I thought they would have a larger selection of fabrics. I did find and purchase a Hawaiian print in teals, browns and some yellow. I will make my first sun dress out of it.


The closest coffee stand when heading back towards town was Grand Finale on Trent where it splits into Trent in one direction and Mission in the other direction. She actually made me the best coffee I had all week.


Stopped at Walmart for a few household things. Saw an old friend, Jo, from Travelers. Sounds like not much has changed since I left.


Last stops of the day was the mailbox. My new cookbook came! I had checked it out from the library and liked it so much, I search Amazon for a like new-used copy and ordered it. The Best Quick Breads by Beth Hensperger. I had to make the Banana Nut Coffeecake when I got home.


Then to JC Penney. They had the polo shirts Michael likes at buy one and the second for 88 cents.
Then to Joann's - had to use that 50% off Penny Saver Facebook coupon. I bought some fusable interfacing and some lining material for the vest I'm going to make.
Last stop was to cash in my winning Lotto ticket and buy more Lotto, Powerball and Mega Millions tickets. Can't win if you don't play, they say. Wish me luck.


1 comment:

kkryno said...

I've really enjoyed your Kindness Series. I hate to admit that it made me feel highly negligent.

I really need to work on that!

I have been hiding in my house for most of the winter, which is so not me! I should really get a life! ;)