Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday August 1













I have started a new blog today. I did not like where the old blog was going and wanted a new start. This blog will be more about where I live and my business ventures. I hope you will bookmark me in your favorites and visit often.

Today in Spokane it is hot as hell. It is suppose to get up to 100 degrees. But as our fearless leader always says, "You can't shovel 90 degree and above weather." So true. And we did enough shoveling last winter for a lifetime.

The tomatoes in my garden are turning red and we have made our first BLT's. Is there anything better than homegrown tomatoes? My friend, Joyce, gave me a sack of fresh green beans from her garden. We cooked them up with red potatoes and a little bacon and served them with a ham steak and biscuits. Now that was a feast.

We are taking our dogs, Lady and Sammie, to The Yuppy Puppy for a day of grooming and pampering. We have been going there for a few years now. I love the owner, Aquila, and her staff. They always make my dogs look great.

Yesterday I got a voice mail from Charlie at Hollywood Video on Division letting me know we have a free video to pick up. I will need to peruse through the listings and see what we might want to rent. We saw an excellent movie this week, Appaloosa. A great cast and a good story. The story was about friendship. Does Viggo make a bad movie? I don't think so. If you like westerns, I recommend this one highly.

After leaving the pups off for their day at the spa, we drove out west to Airway Heights. We stopped at the Walmart Supercenter. I bought some more small plastic bags for jewelry and a pair of crimp pliers. We decided to have lunch at the Buckhorn Restaurant. The place is like an old log cabin and has been in business for 60 years. Not fancy, just a bar and grill with red checked tableclothed tables, no air conditioning, just a big ol' fan blowing to keep the patrons cool. All around the dining room they had western paintings that were for sale. I saw one I really wanted to buy. It was of an indian village with a paint horse. It would look perfect over our fireplace mantel. Maybe next time is what I decided. We both ordered the steak sandwich with fries and we both agreed it was good and we would like to try the place again.

We still had time to kill so we drove back to town and went to Hollywood Video. I met Charlie, who was as cute as can be, and we picked out 2 movies. Inkheart and Taken. I was very pleased to know both movies were free.

By the time the movie picking was over it was time to go back and pick up the pups. Talked with Aquila for awhile and then headed back out into the heat. Stopped at the corner mart and bought 2 bags of ice and some Miller Beer for Michael along with 3 Lotto quick picks. Wish me luck.

This afternoon I will be spending time making bracelets down in my cool and quiet studio.

2 comments:

kkryno said...

I love the new blog! Such a great background; I love it!

We just saw taken also, and I thought it was a good one. He was just wrapping that up when his wife Natasha Richardson died from injuries sustained in a ski accident. So sad; she was a wonderful talent and als so young to die so suddenly.

I will be by again in a few days.

Utah Savage said...

I was here yesterday and couldn't get your comment thingy to let me comment. Glad that's fixed.

The new blog is gorgeous. Nicely done.
I haven't been visiting anybody. I've been preoccupied with three friends who have deadly illnesses. And that has stressed me so much I haven't felt well. Also I'm trying to get the novel edited one more time so I can start writing query letters. Sorry if all of this has made me a poor blog friend, but I have to get my oxygen mask on my face so I can help anyone else. I'm gasping for air just because stress is kicking my ass.