Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 144

Cloudy and cool this morning. 70% chance of rain by this evening and then rain for the rest of the week. Sigh...

I am almost out of gas and will need to stop after work and get some. I wish I had a battery operated car. I only drive 1.3 miles to the job I'm working presently. It would be perfect...wouldn't have to buy gas EVER!

We had a nice evening last night. Had chicken pot pies for dinner while we watched the coverage of tornadoes and storms ripping across the midwest. The weather seems to be getting worse. How can anyone say out weather isn't changing? I feel so sorry for all those who have lost all their lives. Stuff can be replaced. We have started over so many times with nothing.

I have always wanted to be a storm chaser. Weather has always fascinated me. The summers I spent in Indiana was filled with thunder and lightning storms and rain in the summertime. California it was rare to have thunder and lightning. Our weather was mild and mostly boring. We did have lots of fog. I now live in Spokane and it seems we have 2 seasons... Winter snow and construction. LOL! But really we also do not get many thunder and lightning storms. No humidity. I've always thought about taking one of those vacation trips with a storm chaser.

1 comment:

kkryno said...

That would be a facinating vacation! I have a healthy fear of tornadoes after living in Oklahoma for a few month. I can see how those storms could be spell-bindidng, though.

We also have winter and construction! I loved that! :)