Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 296


Konagod has written a meme and I have chosen to play along. He frequently thinks back on famous people I have seen randomly in public and has decided to make a list for himself so he won't forget.
If you want to play along, be my guest, but here are the rules. It has to be random and unexpected. You can't list Madonna if you paid money to see her in concert! However, if she invited you up on stage, then yeah, you can list her.
James Caan - Salinas Rodeo 1972. He was checking my horse's hoof. I was thrilled.
Will Geer - At a senate fundraiser event. What an amazing man he was, activist, actor, poet. I couldn't help proving to him I knew all the words from the movie Jeramiah Johnson. I think he was surprised I recognized him as Bear Claw instead of Grampa Walton.
Roy Rogers - CMA Awards Show at Opryland in Nashville, TN . It was fabulous meeting and talking with my long time hero.
James Lee Burke - Auntie's Bookstore, Spokane WA. It was awesome to meet my favorite author of all time. Listened to his first book, we had rented the audio book from a truckstop in South Louisiana, Black Cherry Blues. I've been hooked ever since.

No comments: