Saturday, December 26, 2009

Saturday Dec 26


Next year I am going to number the days on the blog like I did the year ago last.
Today we take down the tree and get back to normal. Except for the new this year sock monkey ornament. Michael wants to keep that on his desk. I will miss using the lighted tree as a pretty nightlight. I think we are still trying to decide if we are going to move our bedroom back upstairs, which means buying new mattresses and the fireplace. Then downstairs can expand into my studio and sewing/craft room.
We listened to the police scanner again last night. Everytime I heard someone being taken to Holy Family all I could think was they need to grab 2 decent pillows - one for your head to replace the paper thin one they give you to sleep with and one for the aching butt you're going to have and also grab a box of crackers, because for the first 2 days they are going to starve you. LOL!
We got out for a little while. Cold and sunny. Stopped at the furniture store but got a run around about the mattresses they had on sale. We then ventured down the road to Home Depot. Found the exact fireplace listed on the internet (see above link) for $20.00 cheaper. Thank you Kathleen. Everyone there is so friendly and helpful. Even had 3 guys to help load it into Spendy. We then stopped at my pleading at Pier One. It was crowded and I couldn't find what I was looking for. Decided I had enough excitement for the day we headed for home. Postal Annex is closed till Monday so I couldn't pick up my last shipped cd. We stopped at Safeway and got the few things we needed. McDonald's for lunch and then HOME.
Groceries put away, lunch ate while watching HGTV's Property Ladder. I need to wrap the few presents for my co workers to take Monday when I go back to work. Some more laundry and then lots of rest. Dinner tonight is Fish and Chips with Shrimp while watching the new Star Trek movie.

1 comment:

kkryno said...

Whoah, girl! You're supposed to be taking it easy. ;)