Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 84

March 25th - Annunciation (Christian ) - Marks the angel Gabriel's message to the Virgin Mary that she would give birth to the incarnation of Christ. It also celebrates the incarnation itself as the date falls 9 months before Christmas.

***

Gloria Steinem born (1934)


                                                            Event Date: March 25, 1934

We've begun to raise daughters more like sons... but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters.






Aretha Franklin born (1942)

Event Date: March 25, 1942



I still love that hat!

I'm about to give you all of my money



And all I'm askin' in return, honey

Is to give me my profits

When you get home (just a, just a, just a, just a)

Yeah baby (just a, just a, just a, just a)

When you get home (just a little bit)

Yeah (just a little bit)

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Find out what it means to me

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Take care, TCB


Civil rights worker shot and killed by KKK in Alabama (1965)

Event Date: March 25, 1965

This happened the year I entered high school. I could not believe this kind of thing was going on in our country.

Anti-Vietnam war protests in US and around the world (1966)

Event Date: March 25, 1966

Where are these people today who stopped a war? We sure could use them to stop the 2 ongoing wars we are involved in now. And now a third one that I totally do not understand why we are involved in. I am a total peace freak!! Wave your freak flag high!! Get out onto the streets and protest!!







No comments: