Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 65

The Elephant Festival is a unique event held annually in Jaipur, the capital of the north Indian state of Rajasthan. Groomed to perfection, glittering in gold, row upon row of elephants catwalk before an enthralled audience. The elephants move gracefully in procession, run races, play the regal game of polo, and finally participate in the spring festival of Holi. It is festival time for the elephants.

My Elephant Thinks I'm Wonderful

My elephant thinks I'm wonderful.


My elephant thinks I'm cool.

My elephant hangs around with me

and follows me into school.



My elephant likes the way I look.

He thinks that I'm fun and smart.

He thinks that I'm kind and generous

and have a terrific heart.



My elephant thinks I'm brave and bold.

He's proud of my strength and guts.

But mostly he likes the way I smell.

My elephant thinks I'm nuts.

--Kenn Nesbitt

No comments: