Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 258


This is when it went south. The next morning is when I was visited by surgeon Glen Gardner about removing the clot. I noticed right off he did not ask how I was. He went right to work. He started grabing at my stomach and inspecting the groin area. I had to catch my breath from his roughness. He knew he was hurting me but showed no empathy to what I was experincing. He said we were going to go through the groin. I wanted to ask him why we couldn't go through the wrist again, since the previous procedure went so well. But it was clear he was not listening to me and not answering any of my questions.
In the afternoon I was taken down to the Day Cardiac Surgery room. First I dealt with two gigiling unprofessional girls who were there to prep me before the team arrived. They tried drawing blood from several places and could not get any. I knew you cannot get blood from the top part of your arm near your shoulder. I still have the purple bruise today. These 2 were more interested in what they were doing for the weekend than anything to do with me. I was definitely scared at this point.
Then the team arrived.

1 comment:

kkryno said...

Okay, so the lab people and the sonogram guy should be severely reprimanded! "Dr." Gardener should be given the heave-ho and a severe ass-whippin'! Physicians and surgeons who think that they're above reproach are dangerous. He clearly needs to re-think his career choice.

Shout it from the rooftops about his treatment of you. Hopefully, it will ensure that he is never able to do that to another human being. Doctors like that should not be allowed to profit from causing misery instead of obeying the Hypocratic Oath (i.e.; do no harm.)

I can't beleive the torment that you've been through this week. I wish I could make it go away. I'm also so glad you're home.