Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 82 New Rule #1


New rules to live by. I was sent 10 new ways of thinking by Mind Body and Soul. Each day I am going to post a new rule and see how I may implement this in my life.
Rule One
Stop all criticism: Critcism never changes a thing. Refuse to criticize yourself. Accept yourself exacly as you are. Everybody changes. When you critcize yourself, your changes are negative. When you approve of yourself, you changes are positive.
***
Can I really do this? I find myself being very critical and griping alot about the goings on right now in our country. All the negative images we see on the news just brings me down and makes me critical and mean spirited. So much ignorance and hatred is everywhere. I worry where our country is heading. Closer to home I am going to try and not be critical of the people around me and try to listen to people without trying to solve their issues, which I sometimes try and do.
I can work on not being critical about life in general. Sure there is never enough money and sometimes life just sucks. But who's to blame? Usually me. So its time to make it better. Have a more positive attitude and work on the things that suck.
I have posted these rules on my wall at work with a small bucket under them. Everytime I say something critical I'm going to put a nickel in the bucket. Maybe that will help with my new goal.

1 comment:

Steve said...

that is a worthy goal. i am trying hrad (and have been for a long time) of not being critical of others.
i'm guilty of the criticism of just looking at someone and thinking something I should not. making progress there though
as far as critical of myself that's still a loooong journey im afraid.

more cold weather moving in this weekend but soon, so very soon golf every weekend!