Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 53


This is how I felt today. Knives out. Are all doctor's offices becoming the same? Too busy to help their patients, too cynical to even be nice to their customers?
I called the clinic because I thought just maybe my doctor might want to see me after I had the heart procedure last Friday. My goodness the run around you have to go through. The first person was nice enough and said she would call me right back. I waited 3 hours for a call back which never came. I called and got another person who was so snotty I wanted to go through the phone and just bitch slap her. She actually told me I would need to be patient. I think 3 hours is being pretty damn patient. I slammed the phone down so hard I think the whole office heard it. Amazingly after I did that another person called me back and said yes, the doctor would like to see me, like I should be grateful. When I slammed the phone down I was thinking of finding a new doctor. We have 4 huge hospitals in town and hundreds of clinics and lots of doctors to choose from. The day and the phone calls to doctors' offices went downhill from there. All I'm saying is after the thousands of dollars myself and my insurance company have paid you, can you not show a little customer service?
I know I am difficult and probably way annoying. But I have never been this sick before. I have questions, I have concerns and I don't like being blown off and treated like a pain in the ass. I don't need your lectures. Okay rant over.
Does anyone else have issues with their clinics and doctor's nurses?

1 comment:

L'Adelaide said...

i completely agree with you and have had many of the same problems-- i do like my doctor now but he is very hard to get in to if you go through the office, believe it or not, i have his email and get in lots faster that way, which doesn't say much for the front office does it?

how are you, you never said...hoping all is well....

i saw this photo with no words like i have seen others and wonder if i am seeing things ...do you post the photo/pic before you write the post? that's the only thing that makes sense but i rarely have much to say about the women pics...ah well, hoping you are well, or passable anyway...being sick is such a drag but not sure it was EVER a good thing.
xoxoxox