Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday September 3


Two more days until the 3 day weekend. They are predicting weather in the 70's today.
Thoughts for the day:
Healthcare - Obama should say screw the republicans and do what 72% of the people in America want and that is to reform the healthcare system. It is one of the promises he ran on and he should honor his promise. We have the majority now - so now is the time to move on it, before the midyear elections where who kows the crazies might win again.
Cheney should just go away and die somewhere.
CD I'm listening to right now in my car - Greatest Hits of Buffalo Springfield.
I agree that the Manson follower who stabbed Sharon Tate should stay in prison. Any woman who would do that to a pregnant woman should never be free, I don't care how sick she is.
Still reading the book, "Nine Lives" by Dab Baum. It is about 9 people from all walks of life in New Orleans and how they survived hurricanes Betsy and Katrina. I swear I am the sloweest reader ever. My BOMC2 selection for the month has shipped. I chose Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook. I want to start collecting all the Suzie Stackhouse novels and get them read by the time True Blood starts up again next summer.
If the price of oil is going down, why in WA are we still pay almost $3.00 a gallon? Can anyone say gouging?
No, I am not going to Pig Out in the Park this year. Spokane has a event where local restaurants set up in the park and sell their food at really expensive prices and they have bands play at night. I went one year and really wasn't that impressed.
Have a thrilling Thursday.

3 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

have a wonderful little vacation for 3 days...and tho I agree with you about health care, I don't think it possible he can simply go ahead and do it....it will be a steep uphill all the way home, is my guess and I am so hoping I am wrong as I can't keep paying what I am paying now...

no bennies for farmers...
xox

kkryno said...

I agree with you, and doubly so about Cheney. He needs to slink back to his hovel under the bridge so we don't have to listen to his stupid sh*t anymore.

We've been subjected to that crap long enough! He, Bush and Rove need to find some deserted iland somewhere and do their own version of "Survivor." They could carry it on the Fox station.

Steve said...

thursday is dine and now we are that much closer to the weekend thank goodness!

hope you enjoy yours