Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday October 28



Alone On A Broom

The sky surrounds me

Jupiter crowns me

The moon rides on my back

The wind sings to me,

The night rings through me

As I fly down the track

The trees zip past me

The stars all cast me

In silver shadows and light

I'll never do better,

Whatever the weather,

Than riding on Halloween night.

**Jane Yolen**

These days Halloween-Samhain makes me melancholy. I miss old friends that I have been unable to connect with. I miss the wild times of Halloween's past. I miss conversing and partying with like-minded people. I have not been able to make that connection here in Spokane. There have been some missed opportunities and I have only myself to kick for missing them. I don't know if it was from shyness or feeling intimidate by people with more advanced teachings. Plus I am not much of a "goer". I'm pretty much a homebody.

Tonight is Mexican steak night at the house. We have a Tommy Lee Jones movie to watch and plenty of books to read. My boss just lent me the Dean Koontz Frankenstein series. Which seems perfect for this time a year.

3 comments:

Steve said...

I know what you mean. Not like Halloween of old but hey beats nothing!

Hope you enjoyed the movie

kkryno said...

Just remember to keep yourself open to meating people of like-minded thought and those are the ones you'll attract. That's what I'm trying to do.
Of course, the results aren't in just yet as I've just started to try the visualization thing. One can hope--it's better than the opposite thing.
I guess being in N.M. right now, I do have a better frame of mind. We'll see how well I do upon my return to AK. (trying not to pronounce that AAAACKKKK!)

;)

kkryno said...

I meant to spell that "meeting"; I must be thinking of lunch!

Oops!