Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday

Before it got too hot we got out and ran some errands. First our weekly banking had to be done. Then for a quick breakfast - 2 biscuits for $2 from Carl's Jr. 

Dropped a bag of clothes off at Value Village. Stopped at Coins Plus to have my gold appraised. They were a little low, okay alot low as I found out. I guess that is how they pay for those television commericals. We got a much better deal at Gold Buyers of America on Wall Street. We got double the money that was offered by Coins Plus.

We went to Rae's Book Exchange and traded a few books in. The clerk was pretty rude compared to the last few times I was there. Because of her sourpuss attitude Michael did not want to buy any books from her. I will think twice about going back. We travelled onto Booktraders in the Garland District. She took all 3 big bag of books that we had and Michael bought some Clive Custler books he has been looking for.

Stopped at Postal Annex and picked up our mail. Mailed back our 3 Netflix movies so we can have new movies for the weekend. Michael also went to Ace Hardware in the same shopping center and bought a plumbing snake.

A nice rootbeer float at the Spotted Moose Cafe was waiting to reward us for all our running around.

1 comment:

kkryno said...

Sounds like a busy day!

I hate when clerks are rude. I can get having a bad day, but you don't have to let tha stuff roll down-hill.

Sometimes, I'm so tempted to let their boss know about it.

You know, I haven't had a rootbeer float in a looooong time! Now you've done it! ;)