Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 305 Election Day


We have turned in our ballots and so now all that is left is the waiting for the returns. It's funny how we form our political views. Most have their views formed by their parents. Some learn from what they read or see on television or talk radio. I was raised to be a democrat-liberal. I was always encouraged to ask questions and learn about who and what I was voting for. Later as I got older and actually learned what I believe to be my political self, I remain a liberal democrat. The republicans have always been for big money and I seem to never agree with their policies or beliefs.
I have grown sick of the partisan fighting and the negative campaigns. Why would someone pay millions of dollars to have a job that only pays thousands? I want to believe there are still good people who care about this country and her people that they want to serve and protect. But they are so few and far between.
The tea baggers scare the living daylights out of me. I've paid into social security since I was 14 years old, now when I'm almost ready to retire, they want to do away with it? They want to take away my unemployment insurance, now that I need it? They want to make healthcare harder to get. Seems like they want to take away everything I need now that I'm older. I'm for a flat tax for everyone - they are not. Then you have the one from Nevada who said God chooses who is to be raped and tortured. That definitely is not right. The movie, Distinguished Gentleman, is closer to real political life. I recommend for everyone to watch it.
The older I get the more disgusted I get with politics all together. But, we cannot give up. Too many have come before us who have been jailed and tortured to give us this right. We must VOTE and keep up the good fight. Because if we don't vote, they will take it away and do all by a poll.
So tonight will be interesting to see how it all goes down. We will be up late watching the results come in.

1 comment:

kkryno said...

I'm disgusted with politics as well. It's like they want all they can snatch up and the rest of the nation be damned! They get a retirement as well as government heatlh care for life, so they're covered. Screw the little guy, and let him pick up the tab to boot.

It just frustrates me to no end. I think that I'm the only Democrat in Alaska!